Thursday, October 06, 2005

Oct. 6, 2005

Hebrews 1:3 "And He is the radiance of His glory and the exact representation of His nature, and upholds all things by the word of His power. When He had made purification of sins, He sat down at the right hand of the Majesty on high"

Lately, I've been making more of an effort to spend much more time with the Lord than I have in the past. More time in prayer, praise, worship, and the study of His Word. As a result, these past few weeks have been amazing! No, you would be able to tell simply by looking at me. I see no outward manifestations of God's blessings. But His blessings are there.

One thing that has resulted is that I am seeing the Lord Jesus in a bigger and bigger way. More and more, I see Him for who He is- the Almighty God, the Lord of Heaven and earth!

Yet, think how humbling that is, that the God of the universe chose to put on human skin, and become a man, so that He could redeem us. The One who "upholds all things by the word of His power" has personally paid the debt I never could. Never has such Majesty and grace and mercy come together. It could only be done by our Almighty God.
To think that the One who flung the incalculable stars into place, and even knows each star by name, cares enough for me to die for me. The God whom the Bible says holds the oceans in the hollow of His hand, loves me enough to care about the tear that runs down my cheek on a bad day! What a wonderful Savior!

What is it that is giving you trouble in your life? Whether sin, fears, or just life's situations and snares, look at Jesus for who He is in all His Glory. Praise Him, for He is worthy of all praise! And with David, let us say, "O magnify the Lord with me! Let us exalt His name together" (Ps. 34:3)!

No comments: