Monday, October 17, 2005

Oct. 17, 2005 Part 2

I've never posted 2 blogs in one day before. I just had to tonight. I don't know how many have experienced those strong moments when God simply arrests you, and tells you to pray. That is what happened to me an hour ago. I had laid my 2 year old son down on the couch to go to sleep, and settled down to listen to an online sermon. Suddenly, the urge to enter into intercessory prayer weighed me down. Now, I try to give my prayer life a high priority, and spend much of my time daily in an attitude of prayer, praise and worship, even while I'm working. But there are times when the Holy Spirit leads us to prayer. I don't even know what I was praying about, or who I was praying for. I began to cry out to the Lord, and started praying in tongues. Before long, I was groaning deeply. According to Romans 8:26, the Holy Spirit was praying through me- I simply did not have words to put to my prayer. I am exhausted. I can still sense the Spirit of the Lord.

On another note, continue to pray for us as we begin to step out and plant a church. I've spent some time praying, seeking guidance from the Lord, and picking the brain of a good brother in Christ and friend who has stepped out and started a church. I've been brainstorming for ways to start the ministry up, and looking for an inexpensive location to meet at. I also spent some time talking with my pastor, and doing some brainstorming over the phone. God is leading us. Keep my wife and I in your prayers as we take this huge step. Thank you, and God bless!

No comments: