Wednesday, September 21, 2005

Sept. 21, 2005

Some months ago, I was having problems with my computer. I can use one, but when something goes wrong, I have to call on an expert. It just so happens, I have a computer expert in my family. He's my cousin. When I ran into the problem, I hopped on the phone and called him. No big deal so far, right? The problem wasn't that I was calling on him while in need, it was that was all I would call him for. Call it a busy life, or whatever, but I did not keep up a relationship, or maybe I should say, fellowship, like I should have.

How often do we do the very same thing with the Lord Jesus? We get too "busy" for Him, and neglect our relationship! We get so busy, that fellowship with our Lord goes out the window. Perhaps, we allow life's circumstances to regulate our relationship, and, like the Israelites often did, we only seek His face when trouble comes knocking.

Don't get me wrong-if you need God's merciful and gracious touch, by all means, that's what the throne of Grace is for. Regardless of what you've done, or not done, go boldly to that throne. I guess my purpose in writing this devotion today is to encourage us all to steal away in fellowship with our Lord. David said, "One thing I have asked from the LORD, that I shall seek: That I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, To behold the beauty of the LORD And to meditate in His temple." God help me to call on Him, not just in times of trouble, but at all times. May I always show myself friendly, knowing that I have a Friend that sticks closer than a brother(Pr. 18:24)!

No comments: