Tuesday, April 10, 2007

I Want My Guitars!


Hey, all. Now that I am down here in Florida, I go through some bouts of homesickness every now and then. I miss my family. I miss my friends, and my church family back at Victorious Life. While I truly miss everyone, one thing this evening has me a bit down. That is my guitars. Three months ago, when we moved down here, several items had to be left behind because we ran out of room in the moving truck and our van. Included were my guitars. I don't have a working amp, so in my dreaming of playing again, I have simply dreamed of the amp I played at church up there, the Line 6 Spider 112. How I wish I had one of my own!

While I am playing the bass for the worship team that is going to the Bahamas next month, I really miss playing the regular 6-string. Tonight, I was on a message board frequented by other Church of God ministers and members, giving guitar advice to a guy who has only been playing for a couple years. In fact, there has been a lot of guitar talk on that sight, and it has only fired up that much more the desire to play my music for the Lord.

Really, that is what it comes down to. The Bible commands us to praise God and worship him in song and music. Just read what the 92nd Psalm says:

"It is good to give thanks to Jehovah, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to show forth Your loving-kindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night; on the ten strings, and on the harp, with sounding music on the lyre." (vs. 1-3)

Sure, I can still play the bass and sing, but I really wish I had my guitars. The Fender I got back as a sophomore in high school, and the old Gibson Acoustic that my dad bought back in 1965. Both are still sitting in my house up north. I really need to get those down here!

I am getting tired of visiting Guitar center in my spare time just to play a guitar like the one at the top of this post. It is a Gibson Les Paul Vintage Mahogany. Simply the most beautiful electric I have played. That is my dream guitar. Actually, it is a pretty cheap dream as far as Les Paul's go. It's only $800, and the top of the line LP's can go for upwards of $2000!

Sorry to vent, but I just wanted to share my frustration with those of you who faithfully read what I write here.

God bless, my friends. Thanks for hearing me out tonight!

No comments: