Monday, June 26, 2006

Psalm 73

Hey, everyone! I know it's been a while since I last blogged, but as you can imagine, things with a new baby and work and all have be bogged down. I do have one little nugget I can leave you with!

Sometime today, sit down and read Psalm 73. I did this morning. I did because I recently heard a sermon out of this chapter, and I will give the gist of it here. The Psalmist Asaph was writing here in a lament of how the wicked of this world seem to have it all going for them. They seem to have no problems. He talks about how it seems that they don't have the same troubles that we do. Maybe their kids don't get sick like ours do. Maybe they are in smooth financial waters. They don't seem to deal with illness. Perhaps you've felt that way. I know I have.

Then, something happened to the man of God who penned these words. He got into the presence of God and got His perspective. He realized that though things may seem to be smooth for these ungodly people, God is watching, and He will be just in dealings. Those who are ungodly and wicked will answer one day the the Great Judge of all mankind.

In the end, Asaph praised God. He looked and realized that even though his heart and flesh would fail, God would give his heart the strength he needed.

So, friends, in this short piece this afternoon, be encouraged in your storm. When you have questions as to whether God is really there, then do what Asaph finished his psalm with:

"It is good for me to draw near to God; I hav eput my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works" -vs.28

God bless!

No comments: